(i) Lakshadweep in th Arabian sea, Andaman and
Nicobar in the Bay of Bengal.
(ii) Countries which make the Indian subcontinent are Pakistan
in the north-west, India at the core, Nepal in the north, Bhutan in
the north-east and Bangladesh in the east.
(iii) Tropic of Cancer passes through the states of Gujarat,
Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, West
Bengal, Tripura and Mizoram.
(iv) 37°6′ N
(v) 8°4′ N
(vi) Western longitude – 68°7′ E, Eastern longitude – 97°25′ E
(viii) The Palk Strait.
(ix) Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadra and
Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Delhi, Lakshadweep,
Puducherry (Pondicherry), Jammu& Kashmir , Laddakh.
- After Sikkim, Lakshadweep is the next smallest populated place in India
- Lakshadweep is India’s smallest Union Territory. (Our country Indian consists of 28 states and 8 union territories. Union territory is not an independent unit but is run by the administrators appointed by the President of India)
- The Kavaratti is the capital of the Union Territory Lakshadweep in India
- Lakshadweep is the island group of India that has coral origin
- They are considered as kind of coral reefs that are known as Atolls which are circular or horseshoe-shaped reefs.
- Lakshadweep is an archipelago of 36 islands, scattered over approximately 78,000 square km of the Arabian Sea, 200-440 km off the south-western coast of India
- The population in this island is approximately 65,000